1) By signing this contract, I hereby declare that all persons making use of the bicycle/s supplied to them under this rental agreement have the ability and experience necessary to use it/them and that prior to its/ their use I checked and found it/them to be in good working condition.
2) I undertake to notify Dolcevita Bike Tours Sas immediately if and when any malfunctions or breakages occur to the bicycle/s and acknowledge that every modification or repair made to the bicycle must be authorised by Dolcevita Bike Tours Sas.
I declare that the bicycle/s shall not be used in any other manner.
3) I accept that a renter’s credit card is only required as a guarantee and Dolcevita Bike Tours Sas may henceforth be authorised to debit the costs of repairing any damage sustained by the bicycle/s during the rental period, unless it is demonstrated that the damage was due to a defect specific to the bicycle/s and in this case, he or she shall be entitled to the reimbursement of the rental charges.
5) Although not a legal requirement, Dolcevita Bike Tours Sas advises users to wear a crash-helmet when using the bicycle/s. It should also be borne in mind that some models are not equipped with certain safety devices (rear lights and/or bell) and therefore such models may only be used from dawn to dusk.
6) Customers are required to abide by national highway code. They may not ride their bicycle/s under the influence of alcohol nor is the use of mobile telephones permitted while riding.
Fines for infringing the highway code and any costs for retrieving the bicycle/s shall be for the customer’s account.
7) The renter will be held responsible for damages to or loss of the bicycle(s) or parts of it, as well as bicycle accessories, for the amount determined by the rental company according to standard market prices.
Payment terms and conditions
A down payment representing 25% of the overall rental price is required to confirm a booking. The remaining balance of 75% must be paid at least 30 days prior to the rental period.
N.B. Unless full and advance payment is made for rentals under € 350 bookings cannot be confirmed.
Prices are denominated in euro and the payment must be made in euro. Any foreign exchange costs applied by banks shall be exclusively for the customer’s account.
Similarly, other costs incurred by changes in the rental conditions shall be for the customer’s account.
CANCELLATION AND REIMBURSEMENT
Cancellations must be made in writing or by email. The following schema illustrates the criteria for refunding all or part of the 80% balance paid.
– Within 30 days from the commencement of the rental period: 100%
– Within 29 to 15 days from the commencement of the rental period will be refund the 70%;
– Within 14 to 8 days from the commencement of the rental period will be refund the 40%;
– Within 7 to 0 days from the commencement of the rental period no reimbursement will be made.
No reimbursement will be made once the rental period has commenced.
Reimbursement shall be paid within 2/3 weeks from the cancellation notice.
In the event of a rental cancellation by Dolcevita Bike Tours Sas, 100% of the price paid will be refunded. Reimbursement shall exclusively refer to the rental price and exclude any other costs that customers may incur.
Dolcevita Bike Tours Sas will do all in its power to deliver and collect the bicycle/s at the address agreed upon but occasionally reasons of force majeure or exceptional circumstances (heavy weekend traffic, road accidents or the lack of punctuality by customers) may occasion delays. However, customers will be immediately informed if and when such events happen.
The drivers carrying out deliveries are not mechanics and cannot be asked to change a bicycle’s setting. This is a paid service that can only be provided upon receipt of an express request.
In the event that Dolcevita Bike Tours Sas is unable to make the delivery / collection because a customer fails to show up at the appointed time, all additional costs incurred in respect of the personnel and vehicle will be charged to the customer’s credit card.
If changes are made to the address and/or time of delivery once the rental becomes operational, such changes must be communicated at least 48 hours before the previously agreed date.
If the delivery address does not permit easy access for a van or easy of delivery/collection of the bicycles, customers are requested to make alternative arrangements.
Alternatively, Dolcevita Bike Tours Sas shall not be held liable for delivery delays, additional delivery charges or non-delivery.
The customer shall be exclusively responsible for ascertaining the possibility of delivery/collection and loading/ unloading.